Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Munch Museum

In today's literature class we finished up discussion on Hamsun's Hunger and Pan -- both are pretty strange, but somehow likable books.

After my classes were over, my friends and I went to the Munch Museum in the Tøyen part of Oslo. This was the most security I've seen since coming to Norway. After The Scream and The Madonna were stolen in 2004, they've really hyped it up and we even had to go through a metal detector. Before we went through the exhibition, we watched a film about his life and that was very informative and very helpful to know the inspiration behind his paintings. After seeing the museum's collection, that my favourite Munch pieces are actually his landscapes, not the portraits as everyone else seems to be enamoured with. Below are a few of my favourites:

The Oak

Kragerø in Spring

New Snow

Dark Spruce Forest

Dark Spruce Forest

Children in the Forest

Oh, I will also mention that Christina, Stephanie, and I are performing at the International Cultural evening where Stephanie will sing Home from the Broadway Musical Beauty and the Beast while Christina accompanies on flute and I on piano. I'll give you more updates after we perform on Friday. We had a dress rehearsal today.

No comments:

Post a Comment