Saturday, August 7, 2010

ISS: Complete

I made it through my six weeks at the University of Oslo for the International Summer School! I finished my exams on Thursday and I think they went pretty well! I guess I'll find out when I get the transcript in a few weeks. After exams were over, I packed up all my stuff and it seems like I had more room in my suitcases even though I amassed more things. I don't really know how that happened. At any rate -- they are heavier because the majority of things I amassed were books. After I finished packing, I went to see the Norwegian film "Buddy" with Alina and Alex. We all thought it was really good. After the film was finished, it was time for our last evening meal at Blindern Studenterhjem. Finally, we finished off the last day in Oslo with a program celebrating the end of the summer school and a farewell party. All I can say is that I had a great time and I very much wish to keep in contact with the amazing people I met and I hope that maybe someday I can do it all again!

My Norwegian Class From the Summer School

On Friday morning, Dad and Hogne picked me up from the dorm and after making a quick stop at Sigrid and Hogne's house, we started on our way to Trondheim. We took E6 all the way and it was a great drive. I even got to practice my manual driving in Norway (I'm still not so great at it, but I'm improving.) On our way to Trondheim, we stopped in Lillehammer and saw the Olympic Park and a Folk Museum called Maihaugen. I really enjoyed seeing both places! When we got to Trondheim we made our way to Lars and Lillegul's house where we had a nice time catching up with them and Kjerstin. Later in the night, dad went to Bjørn and Gerd Inger's house and I went to Anne and Bjørn's where I stayed up until 2:30am catching up with Ingrid.

Sign For the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Olympics

Norwegian Curling Team's Pants Fromt the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

Ski Jump Used in the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Olympics

Maihaugen Folk Museum

On Saturday, we walked around downtown Trondheim and saw some sights. We didn't go to the cathedral, but that is planned for Sunday. We had lunch with Wenche and Chalg at Wenche's apartment across the street from the cathedral. After lunch, we took a tour around Sverresborg Folk Museum and I thought it was quite fascinating. On the museum grounds, there is a spot where an old fortress from the Middle Ages used to stand and on that hill there is an amazing view. We went back to Bjørn and Gerd Inger's house for a great dinner and then I made it back over to Anne & Bjørn's house. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we will see the cathedral and Singsås.

View From Anne & Bjørn's House

Warehouses on the River

Trondheim

No comments:

Post a Comment