Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just another day...


Now that the opening activities of the International Summer School have settled down, my schedule is starting to fall into place. Every morning I wake up around 7am, which is actually 12am in Minnesota and 10pm the previous day in Seattle. After that, I get ready for the day which begins at 8:15am with Norwegian Literature. After which I have Norwegian Language for three hours starting at 10:15.

When class is out, I come back to Blindern Studenterhjem to eat lunch and gather my things to spend the afternoon studying, which I do in the library. This is how I foresee about every day to go. There are some exceptions like the Norwegian Life and Society Lectures on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the Film Series shown on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. I also foresee being able to do some sightseeing in the late afternoons or evenings. This evening I walked with some friends around the Aker Brygge area of Oslo. This must be where some of the most expensive apartments in the world are located!

I took a short break to write this and now I must get back to reading my 225 page novel that is due on Thursday.

Here are some pictures from the walk:

Oslo Harbor

City Hall from Aker Brygge

Akershus Fortress from Aker Brygge

If you can see the time, it says 10pm! This is how light it is at 10pm!

1 comment:

  1. This is GREAT, Peder. Thanks for the blog.
    Not quite "midnight sun," but close. The first time I was in Norway, we got as far north as Tromsø and it was broad daylight at 2:00 AM as we boarded a coastal steamer to head back south. VERY DISORIENTING. But 10,000 times better than the dark he** it must be in winter.
    - Paul Olson

    ReplyDelete